Monday, February 15, 2010

Patience

My husband has so many great qualities, but in general he tends not to be a very patient person. This weekend while celebrating Valentine's Day I definitely tested his patience, and he proved to be amazingly patient. On Saturday he suggested we go to Northpark mall, I think I said yes before he even finished the sentence. As we are about to exit for the mall there is a sudden back up in traffic. Hmmm, that's weird- all these people can't possibly all be going to the mall! I mean it's just valentines day! We finally make our way towards the park lot, 30-40 minutes later we finally find a parking spot. Any other day Tim would have just turned the car around after about 2 minutes of not finding a spot. During our entire adventure looking) So once inside the mall he happily came into all of my favorite stores, he tends to prefer the "you go in your store, I'll go in mine, we'll meet back in a few minutes" normally. Once leaving the mall we made our way to Sprinkles Cupcakes, I had mentioned a few days prior that was my one Valentines request and forewarned him that they are overpriced. (Did I mention he is also the cheapest man alive?) Upon arriving to Sprinkles there was a line out the door and halfway down the block. Once again no complaints, just happily stood in line and didn't even complain about spending $3.25 per cupcakes. And then after that he patiently waited for a table at Chuy's for another 40 or so minutes. I was so impressed with his patience all day long and could tell he was doing it just for me. And spent the day going out of his way trying to make it extra special.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Ahh what a sweet husband!! Yea Tim sounds a lot like Cole in that department!