One reason I love fall is the food that goes along with. Especially anything with pumpkin. Below are a couple of favorite recipes and both are really easy.
Last night I made this and it was a big hit. And the best part is, it's super easy to make. I've already been asked to make it again. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Crunch Cake
1 can pumpkin (15oz)
Large can evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp salt
4 eggs
Topping:
1 box yellow cake mix
1 1/2- 2 sticks butter/margarine
Pecans (optional)
Beat together pumpkin, milk, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt and eggs. Beat together until well mixed & pour into a 13 x 9 greased pan.
Sprinkle cake mix & pecans over pumpkin mix.
Thinly slice 2 sticks of butter over mix. (Cover well)
Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.
I chose to omit the nuts because I'm not a big fan myself.
This next one is a Thanksgiving/ Christmas favorite of my family. I look forward to this every year.
Berry Mallow Yam Bake
1/2 C Flour
1/2 C Brown Sugar
1/2 C Old-fashioned oats
1 t Cinnamon
1/3 C Margarine
2 16oz. Can yams
2 C Cranberries
1 1/2 C Mini Marshmallows
Preheat oven 350. Mix together flour, brown sugar, oats, & cinnamon. Cut in margarine until mixture, resembles coarse crumbs. Put flour mixture with yams & cranberries in a baking dish. Bake 35 minutes. Sprinkly with marshmallows, broil until lightly browned.
1 comment:
That second one sounds yummy! I have never had anything like it. I think you need to make for me when I am there.
Post a Comment